Thursday, July 5, 2012

Win a Prize for Your Best Ditzy Doing

Okay. I've been sharing my Ditzy, Dumb Doings-- from Naked Nails to A Wonky Work Mistake for months now. I think it's time for the rest of you to chime in with some of the silly things you've done, and make the rest of us feel not-so-bad that we occasionally forget our own names or pour boiling tea into a plastic pitcher, scarring it for life.
I am offering a prize--a real trophy with your name engraved on it, and a $5 Wal-mart gift card!--for Best Ditzy Doing posted as a comment here. The judges will be my co-workers and my husband, all of whom are regular recipients of the joy of my funny ways. We laugh, we cry, we entertain ourselves with stories of my past and present ditzy doings.
And it gives us hope amidst the craziness
of this world.

I will keep the contest open 'til midnight, Wednesday, July 11, and post the winner Friday, July 13. There is no limit to how many ditzy doings you can send me. But I do need your email address included in the comment, so I can email the winner.
Are you ready to share? Are you brave enough to tell on yourself and make our day?

Go!

11 comments:

  1. One Sunday while on nursery duty, I was being my friendly self and invited the young mom next to me to our Bible study. I went on and on and on.

    I was so surprised when she told me she already came. When I asked her who her small group leader was, her answer left me red faced.

    "Glenda, YOU are my small group leader." We had only met once, but I did not recognize her ... at all. (But I was friendly.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great, Glenda! I thought you were going to say she was the pastor's wife, and you'd not met her up close yet, so didn't recognize her...

      GFY for being friendly!

      Delete
  2. Jeanette: I'll have to think on this. There have been so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's one I still laugh at. I went to our local library to pick up a book that was on reserve for me. They know me well, so have a good idea what type of books I sign out. When they asked what the title of the book was, I must have had a brain freeze or something and said 'The Pigman'. The librarian looked at me quizzically and instantly I realized my blunder. I have no idea how this title came in to my head, and felt sooooo foolish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, that's great, Linda!!! Thanks for sharing,
      Jen

      Delete
  4. I went to a free concert in NYC held by K-love months ago, excited to hear Burlap to Cashmere, Natalie Grant, and Brandon Heath. The crowd was small since it was held on a weekday afternoon. Most folks were probably working. Anyway, walked up to a pretty blonde and asked her who she was hear to listen to. She smiled and said, "I'm one of the artists performing." Oops. I didn't recognize Natalie Grant! Then I put my foot in my mouth and responded, "Did you do something different with your hair, cuz it looks a little …different." Sheesh!

    rkpaulus@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love this one, Raj. Thanks for being brave enough to share it!

      Delete
  5. You are such a fun lady, love you. Recently, I had my puppy coco up in my arms, had her standing up, as I held onto her paws. I was singing disco music to her, as we both, yes, both danced. I was helping her get her groove on. I kept saying, get down coco, get down with the funky beat. I turn around, and there is my husband, who had walked into the room, and been watching us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise: I love it that you dance with Coco! If your husband thinks you're silly, he needs to try it, and see how much fun it is. We may start a new TV show: Dancing with the Dogs.

      Delete
  6. Hi Jen -

    I'm sure many people have done this, but my first turkey was a culinary disaster. When a relative carved the turkey, he pulled out a well-cooked plastic bag of giblets from the neck.

    I had no idea they put such a thing in a turkey. Thankfully, no one keeled over and died, and we had a good laugh (at my expense).

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.