Saturday, October 20, 2012

Win a Pink Ribbon Shoe and Help a Friend


I know you, how you like to help your friends. Now you can win a pink shoe AND help someone at the same time!
Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I thought this lovely pink shoe tape dispenser would make the perfect gift for one of you.  And I love that 50 cents from the sale of it will be donated to the City of Hope for breast cancer research.
If you’d like to win the pink shoe, please leave a comment at the end of this post, with your email address. Then tell us about a friend or loved one who’s fought breast cancer or is currently battling it, so we can pray for him or her. 

Rare is the family that this horrible disease hasn’t shaken. My maternal aunt died of breast cancer at age 59. I’d be so excited if they discovered a cure, and I know you would be, too.
The contest ends Monday, October 29 at midnight. I will post the winner on Wednesday, October 31. Thank you for helping me win longer life for someone’s aunt or mom or wife.
I love you for that.
P.S. I'm guest posting today on Tricia Gillespie's blog, The Domestic Fringe. She is one hilarious sister, and I'm honored to share my story, True Confessions of a Hypocrite. I'll be tickled pink if you pop over and say 'hi.'
 
 

 

9 comments:

  1. My aunt barbara, that I was named after, bravely fought breast cancer until her death in 2003. God bless all those bravely fighting this battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise: I am so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you were named after her, to carry on her legacy of hope and faith.

      Delete
  2. My aunt Laura, who died leaving a husband with 6 young children, who are now all grown and most are married. During her illness, I babysat the youngest girl, (not yet two years)for 2 months, so she will always have a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sad, Linda. Thanks for sharing,
      Jen

      Delete
  3. Oops, forgot my address: linda[dot]maendel[at]gmail[dot]com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend Jane has been amazing in her faith and strength as she's led by example in her tussle with breast cancer. A double mastectomy and reconstruction later, she's full of health and life.

    I'm headed over to check out your story~
    (ssmorales@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful that Jane has not let the enemy steal her joy through this horrible ordeal. I admire that!

      Delete
  5. An acquaintance and a dear friend have both been diagnosed with breast cancer in the last month.

    susanjreinhardt AT gmail DOT com

    Thanks for a thoughtful contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Susan, I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your friends.

      Delete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.