Monday, August 26, 2013

Win a Free Copy of Chicken Soup Devotions for Wives

If you're a wife, are married to one, or know one who needs encouragement, I can help.

This week I'm giving away an autographed copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul Devotional Stories for Wives. This dandy book contains "101 stories to comfort, encourage, and inspire you," including one from me, entitled, Our Personal S.O.S.

You may have read my story called Don't Quit, about how I submitted to Chicken Soup for twelve years before they accepted one of my stories. But I digress.

If you'd like a chance to win Devotional Stories for Wives, please follow these two simple steps:

1. Leave a comment at the end of this post, saying why you or the person you're giving the book to needs it.

2. Include your email address.

The contest ends Saturday, September 1 at midnight. I will post the winner on Tuesday, Sept. 3.

Thanks for entering, and may the Lord surprise you with many favors today!

7 comments:

  1. I would love to have this handy to give to that "just-right" person. If I win, I'd ask the Lord to give me a name, and then have fun blessing her!

    Congratulations on getting in, Jeanette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have this book to use in my Wednesday night knitting class at church! I usually struggle to come up with a devotional reading for my group of ladies, and I think this would be ideal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanette, you encourage me... I'm always so tickled when I find someone I 'know' in the contributors' lists in the Chicken Soup books. I'm glad you didn't give up, and as I mentioned, I'm encouraged to sally forth with a submission or two myself.

    Best blessings... and yes please count me in the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all who entered! Please include your email address, so I can let you know when you win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, thanks so much for doing this! Congrats on getting your story in there!

    I think I would probably give this book to my daughter in law. Not because she isn't a great wife, for she is, (and I would tell her so) but I know that every wife needs a little encouragement from time to time. If I win, I will probably take a peek at the book before I pass it along. :) I'm one of those wives who needs a bit of encouragement every so often too.

    Thanks and blessings,
    Karen
    karenelangeATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.