Are you asking God to do any favors for you, large or small? Great! I’m standing with you for your miracles and dreams to happen. But did you know that some attitudes and actions will block our faith, making it difficult for us to receive from God? Here are a few heart-condemning faith blockers we need to avoid like a snake with a noisy tail:
1. Strife. I.e.: Arguing, fighting, and gossiping
2. Fear. Also called worry, fretting, agonizing, and anxiety
3. Negative talk. AKA griping, whining, complaining, and fault-finding
4. Worldly pursuits. Nothing sinful about going fishing, catching up with blogs or watching TV, but if they take too big a chunk of our time and heart, they may hinder our faith
5. Too much to do. If we’re burned out, it may be because we are adding things God never asked us to do.
Anything I missed? I hope you know I'm preaching to myself today! I'm especially guilty of #5.
Let's get rid of these faith blockers, so we can stand boldly before the throne of grace and ask for help in time of need.
Now, what can I agree with you for God to do in your life today?