Tuesday, November 10, 2015

What's so Different about Shock the Clock?


*      Have you read time management books that required a complicated system of cards, files, or planners only a Type A+++ personality could master?
*      Are you a creative sort who loves to fly by the seat of your pants, but also needs to meet deadlines for projects?
*      Do you love encouraging, fun yet practical helps for making the most of your time?
            Me too.
            That’s why I wrote Shock the Clock: Time Management for Writers and Other
Creatives.  Based on classes I’ve taught at three different writers conferences where attendees gave me positive feedback, Shock the Clock will help you:
·         realize your creative potential,
·         learn to say “no” with grace, and
·         carve out the time you need to write, paint, sew, sculpture, compose music or invent a new way to keep cat hair from taking over the world.
        
    Here's what's so different about Shock the Clock:   
² One chapter is devoted to personality charts that will enable you to manage your time based on the unique strengths and challenges of your personality. 
² The section titled The Ten D’s of Time Management boasts whimsical cartoons by my talented artist son, a former animator.
² A list of 40 tips and secrets to manage your time—whether you are a writer or not—will give you ideas to shock your clock and get more done every day.
² And as a finale, I garnered wisdom from successful writers like Cecil Murphey, Bonnie Calhoun, Diana Flegal, James N. Watkins, Bob Hostettler and Jody Hedlund.
            Shock the Clock is available for preorder on Amazon, and releases on December 14. I will host a Facebook launch party on that date from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Central time, when I’ll be offering fun games and quizzes, giving away prizes,  and sharing tips from the book.

            Wherever your passion leads you, Shock the Clock can help take the pain out of managing your time along the way.  

Are you more likely to buy a book if it contains advice from successful experts?  Are you a Type A++ personality who's naturally organized, or do you need help finding your keys (like most creative people)?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanette! I think I told you before that I was looking forward to this book because I seem to be the Queen of Procrastination. And honestly, you don't have to be an 'expert' to speak on subjects, just be someone I can understand. There may be a wonderful person who can give a lot of information, but I can't get past the language!
    Best of blessings on your new publication! (I know I'll understand it!!)
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil: You will understand these experts--they are very down to earth. And you know me--I try to make everything fun!

      Thanks for your friendship,
      Jen

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good, balanced approach. Looking forward to reading this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jeanette! I do have the personality type that works best when have lots on the go! Somehow I am more organized that way. But, yes, I also leave a lot of behind like glasses, cell phones, keys which I blame on my creative mind.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.