Tuesday, July 5, 2022

I'm Rich! How did this happen?

   
     When my 95-year-old Mom died in May, 2022, she left few possessions. Yet I can definitely say, "I'm rich!"

     As I sorted through the boxes and bags of clothes, kitchen utensils, and old photographs, I realized the treasures Mom gave me consisted not of things, but of everlasting qualities: 


A love of God and His Word

A commitment to hard work

A thoughtful spirit toward others


         At Mom's celebration of life I said, "If I love giving to foreign missions, if I'm a hard worker, if you tell me you like chickens and I give you chicken-themed gifts, all of those qualities came from Mom." 

          I only hope I can follow in her steps, and leave behind a heritage of goodness and love for my own  kids.  The qualities Jesus is proud of are the ones that last. 



     

2 comments:

  1. My mom didn't leave much after she died as she'd been in a nursing home for years. I did get some things from the apartment she lived in with my younger brother. One precious item is the cross she had that I wear at times. So thankful for the promise of heaven. Sorry the loss of your mom. My mom died 8 years ago in July at the age of 90. Hugs and prayers to you and Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky. I know that cross means the world to you!

      Delete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.