Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Why The Love Affair with Water?






I recently heard a short discussion on the benefits of drinking at least nine glasses of water a day. In case you're wondering, "Why The Love Affair with Water?" here are ten ways water helps us stay healthy, based on a dandy article I found on Top Ten Home Remedies website:


1. Relieves Fatigue--ever feel like your energy level and your to-do list don't match?

2. Improves Mood--I bet Pollyanna drank gallons a day!

3. Treats Headaches and Migraines--since both are often caused by dehydration, water helps.

4. Helps Digestion and Constipation--Too fast or too slow? Balance your belly with H2O.



5. Aids Weight Loss--Once we hit 50 or so, our metabolism slows down. Help us, water!

6. Flushes out Toxins--that's a fancy word for poison, which none of us need.

7. Regulates Body Temperature--this is important for extra energy while exercising.

8. Promotes Healthy Skin--ladies and men alike need vibrant, elastic skin, especially as we age.

9. Relieves Hangover--hopefully this doesn't apply to you.

10. Beats bad breath--whether on a first date or married for decades, sweet breath gets you points!


Another excellent resource on the Balance Me Beautiful site is an article by Lilly Greene which lists 17 Health Issues Caused by Lack of Water
.
Based on #s 1, 2 and 5, I'm convinced that our love affair with water should continue. Which items on this list convinced you? 


4 comments:

  1. I used to have to force myself to drink water. Now, I have it with me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually believe they are all true... but nine glasses? That is quite a lot, I would spend most of my time in the bathroom at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen: Thank you for the list. I do water spasmodically. I need to do better. I have heard it hydrates our skin to keep our complexions soft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say all of the above. I don't know that I get 9 glasses (didn't it used to be 8?) but I do drink quite a bit of water. Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.