Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Little Helps Lead to Herosim


"Thanks for the boost, Boots."

I believe that helping even a little can be enough.” –Tim Kavanaugh, Home to Holly Springs, by Jan Karon

Don't believe the lie that if you’re not changing the whole world your life isn't significant.
 
You can make someone’s day by voicing a sincere “Thank you,” changing a tire, or simply listening. Helping even a little can make a huge difference in the people’s lives you know and live with.

 
"Can I help you write, Mama?"

Don’t wait to be famous to be great. Start today, with little helps, and you’ll be planting seeds of heroism for your future.
 
How has someone helped you in what may've seemed to them a small way, but made a huge difference in your life?

6 comments:

  1. What's that quote about great minds running in the same "something"???? I just finished a post in a similar vein! Time to get out of my easy chair and put this new hip to work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post Jeanette, and the pictures are soooo funny. Well, your question... I need some time to think it over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many giving people out there--it truly is rewarding to know you've helped someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanette! Such a timely theme! After church, a woman I've know for a long time reminded me of a time that I helped her after she had a car accident. It happened 20 years ago, but she wondered if I knew how much it meant to her.

    Wow. Speaks right to your theme of not having to do big things to make a difference. Honestly, I never would have remembered it at all unless she brought it up. So really, the 'big difference' was in her life. Then mine, 20 years later!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful message Jeanette. I think the world has a shortage of listeners. I should could make a difference with speaking less and listening more.

    Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.