Tuesday, October 3, 2017

When Your Child Is Far From Home




Lord, you see the empty pages in my sister’s heart, where her child lived, played, and grew. Now she’s gone from her embrace, and my friend struggles to trust You with her. Please dip your pen into Your well of endless love, and write love letters of grace across her heart today. Give her words meant only for her, filling the pages of her soul with the sweet poetry of peace.

The pages of hope have yellowed, curled, and all but turned to despair. Write a new story for my friend, a story of Your commitment to her child’s well-being and peace.  Whisper words of safety, fulfillment, and dreams realized. Show her Your plan to rescue her child from the plans of the enemy. Let her clearly see her beloved child at your feet and before Your throne, serving You.      
If my friend is tempted to obsess over lost opportunities, give her hope that You’ve not written the last chapter in her child’s life yet. Reassure her that You have many people who can relate Your kindness and love into her daughter’s heart. Bring those people to her, please, Father. You know the very ones she’ll listen to. Protect her from wrong influences and deceptive voices. 

Please fill up my friend’s heart in ways that mean the most to her, whether a special song on the radio, a flower in bloom, or a call from a dear friend. You are the master of custom-made favors.  Give my friend the ones she needs today, to keep her hopes focused on You.


And bring her child back home—home to her, and home to You
In Jesus’ Name, so be it.   
References to Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11; Ephesians 6:16; Isaiah 30:18

The above prayer is a chapter from my newest book, Touchable God: Finding the Lord's Friendship Through Prayer.  I hope, if your child is far from home, you found encouragement in it. It is one of 25 prayers for friends in crisis included in the book. I also share 20 stories of my own journey to an intimate walk with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.