Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Three Reasons Why Late Consumers Have More Fun


          We bought our first gps only two years ago. And I’m not embarrassed that we were the last ones in the Northern Hemisphere to purchase one of these handy gizmos.

           My husband and I are what marketers call late consumers,” because we wait until a product has been on the market for years and most of our friends have one before we make a purchase. This gives us several edges over the “first consumers,” who buy a new gadget when it first comes out:


            1.  The price has gone down considerably than when it first came out. Saving money is fun!

2.      Designers have worked out many of the kinks and quirks by now, so the invention has improved. A new and improved product is more fun!



3.      We can find out from those who've used it what the best brand is, where to buy it, and if there are any models to avoid. Making friends feel needed is fun!

In case you think I’m all about fun. . . you are right. That’s why I plan to program our gps with a 
British accent and name it “James” or “Winston.”

Are you a first consumer, a late consumer, or someone in between? What is the latest new gizmo you’ve purchased? 

3 comments:

  1. Great reasons, Jen! :) I have to agree. You might say we fall somewhere in between, but often leaning toward the late side of things. The only reason we have had a GPS for a number of years is because my mil gave it to my husband for his birthday. Course, now we have smartphones, so we have the option of using either or both. Same goes for the smart TV. My mil bought it and decided it was too hard to use and she wouldn't return it (though we tried to convince her). So we inherited it. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we bought a car in 2011, it had GPS and ONSTAR but we only used it for a short time. When we bought a new car in 2016, it had more gadgets than Hubby was comfortable with. I purchased my smart phone about the same time. There are still things on that phone that I don't utilize. Our TV's are wide screen but I don't know if they are smart TVs. I don't plan on making any more purchases of anything electronic. I am the only one who uses them here. I guess the last gizmo I purchased was my tablet. We are mid consumers to late consumers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanette! We are definite middle of the roaders. Not jumping on the first and brightest, but we're not the last either. We've had a GPS for a long time, and my son makes fun of us. Why do we use that when we have our phones? Ah, to be the helpless parent!
    Sunday blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.