Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Cats: Love 'em or hate 'em?



Whiskery Wisdom

Cats: most people either hate or love them. The haters contend that felines ruin furniture, kill song birds, and consider people their slaves. The lovers argue that cats control rodents, relieve stress, and cover up their poops.
I find my “spoiled brats in fur suits” brimming with wisdom. Here are some insights I’ve learned from the devilish angels:
  • If you fight with the family cats, you won’t have energy left to ward off enemy cats.
  • It’s okay to have whiskers and pointy ears.
  • Look for a patch of sunshine and stay there.
  • Naps are cool.
  • Don’t fuss about your food, or the one who feeds you may start buying a cheaper brand.
  • Purring will get you everywhere.
  • Master the “Shocked and Innocent Look” if someone laughs at you. Better yet, stick your nose in the air and saunter away, pretending you don’t care.
  • Naps are fun.
  • Act as if you know what you’re doing even if you don’t have a clue.
  • Convince those around you how blessed they are to live in the same universe with you.
  • Refuse to give up. If one bird escapes, climb another tree.
  • Naps are refreshing.
Similar to cats, people are a mix of aggravating and endearing qualities. When I’m tempted to dismiss a brother or sister as too ornery to tolerate, I remember how God bears with my faults and stupid mistakes. Receiving His unconditional love frees me to love myself and others, focusing on positive qualities.  
Now if I could convince my husband to see the good in our kitties…




How do you feel about cats? 

4 comments:

  1. Haha, well... let's hope your husband is convinced. I used to be allergic to cats, but not so much anymore. I can look at them, but won't have 'm in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a cat lover! Hubby didn't use to be. Our next pup will be another cat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful, Jeanette! A few years back the theme for the Montrose Christian Writers Conference was "Writing with Grace for His Glory" (something like that). I wrote a cute piece about two cats named Grace and Glory in honor of it. I think I still have it around somewhere. If I do, I'll email it to you!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.