Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Inventions I'd Love for Someone to Create



When the electricity went out one Sunday morning during worship, I continued singing, expecting the light to return any minute. It didn't return, forcing my pastor-husband to scoot his pulpit under the stained-glass window, so he could see his sermon notes. This got me thinking of the many inventions we take for granted, as well as a few new ones I'd love for someone to create. . . 

     A lever on the side of my bed, attached to a huge spring under the mattress. When my alarm clock goes off, it activates the lever, and the spring propels me into my closet, where I canon into my clothes. By the time I wake up, I’m dressed and ready for the next invention. . .

     





A helmet that squirts mousse, scrunches and styles my hair, then applies the perfect amount of hairspray to keep the style in place all day. Now I’m ready for my coffee with another great contraption. . .








Coffee love
A hose runs from my fridge—where I keep the coffee beans—to the grinder. At 5:30 a.m., the hose sucks a pre-measured amount of beans into the grinder. The grinder crushes the beans, and another hose transports the coffee from the grinder to the coffee maker. A third hose from the faucet to the coffee maker pours water into the coffee maker. It flips on and brews the coffee. A robotic arm comes out of the wall and pours the coffee into a mug, then puts it on a conveyor belt, which travels to the love seat where I sit each morning to read my Bible 
and pray.


The only trouble is, if the electricity goes out again, I’ll be forced to dress myself, fix my own hair, and prepare my own coffee. How primitive!
What are your favorite inventions?

P.S. I will be taking a blogging break for a few weeks to rest and recharge. See you soon!


2 comments:

  1. Oh you make me smile. Sounds like you want to live like the Jetsons cation.....from years ago. Everything automated. Teehee! A self cleaning kitchen would be great...dishes done in no time and counter tops not cluttered..leftovers put away.Great especially work days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like something monitor those around us to let us know when those people will go overboard with bothersome things that could cause issues and hurts to others.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.