Tuesday, June 19, 2018

In My Name: A Life-Changing Book


In My Name: Inviting God’s Holy Presence in Daily Situations by Marja Verschoor-Meijers is a must-read for anyone who wants to discover how, as New Testament Christians, the Old Testament Law relates to us. This volume, the seventh in a series about the Ten Commandments in the 21st Century, focuses on honoring God’s name.  

            “Wait a minute,” you may be thinking. “I thought Jesus did away with the Law when he fulfilled it.”

            Through Scripture the author explains that although Jesus accomplished the purpose for which the Law was given, he did not abolish or delete it. There are ways we can apply the Law in our time, while still following Jesus as born-again believers.   

            I found myself not only thinking of God and his name in new, intimate ways. But the teachings of In My Name  changed the way I pray! Here are a few of my favorite excerpts:

            Page 41: “We need to know His holy name because He is not a faraway impersonal God, He wants to be known!”
           

Page 53: “When Jesus came to earth . . . He carried the presence of God within. . . Jesus is God and He carries the same personal name as revealed early in biblical history. We can read in John 8:58 ‘I am telling you the truth,’ Jesus replied. ‘Before Abraham was born, “I Am.”’ God was present to save, heal, and deliver wherever Jesus went during His earthly travels.”

            Page 67: “When God is present faith replaces fear, joy replaces sadness, healthy replaces sickness, provision replaces lack, and forgiveness replaces guilt. When God is present emptiness gets filled and loneliness gets accompanied.”

            Page 85: “When His name gets proper honor, He will show up. His kingdom will manifest among us and His will be done. When God’s will gets done, He is here! He is present, a piece of His kingdom on earth. Hallelujah!”

The author of In My Name
            Hallelujah indeed, Marja! What can be more exciting than God’s presence in our lives, changing us into His image and helping us accomplish His will? Thank you for writing this life-changing book.

            If you’d like to experience a more vibrant relationship with God by more of  His presence in your life, you can find In My Name by clicking on this title. Then watch the miracles begin as you invite God's presence into your daily life. 

           If you'd like to learn more about Marja, her writings, and her ministry, please visit her website: https://www.marjameijers.com/

3 comments:

  1. Jeanette: I am reading Marja's book right now. I have to say it makes me stop and think. I can tell it took a lot of time and study for her to complete this wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a thought-provoking and life changing book, Cecelia!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Jeanette for this awesome review of my latest book, I feel honored and happy that my writing impacted you. I will share this :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.