Tuesday, August 14, 2018

How to Handle Horrible Happenings


Ever experience one of these horrible happenings? 
1.      You try a new restaurant in town. The food tastes marvelous, but both you and your dining companion end up sick afterwards. Do you give the restaurant a second chance, or decide never to return?

2.      You send your assistant to a local hardware store for supplies. When your assistant returns, she tells you that the entire time she was checking out, the young sales girl chatted on the phone with her boyfriend. Do you call the store manager and apprise her of her rude employee, or let it slide?

3.      Your mother’s best friend criticizes you for not taking better care of your mom, quoting the Bible verse that says, “The person who doesn’t care for their aging parent is worse than an infidel.” Do you forget the comment, knowing in your heart that you’re doing your best? Or do you decide never to speak to Mom’s friend again?


Horrible Happenings abound in every life. They are different for each of us. But we must decide how to handle them in ways that please the Lord, and give us peace of mind.

I pray that whatever horrible happenings you must handle today, Jesus will give you grace, wisdom, and strength to overcome.
BTW, how would you handle one or more of the horrible happenings listed above?


5 comments:

  1. Horrible?

    :)

    1. Never!
    2. Silly thing...let it slide.
    3. A complicated thing, but the Lord has been leading me and teaching me and fixing my heart. Things are better when I listen to the Lord, but I would not listen to an outside naysayer....I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I might wait a while before I went back. I do believe I would let the place know about the problem.
    2. Unsure. Something like this scene needs to be told to the owner but that might cause the young girl to lose her job.
    3. Maybe, that best friend does not know the whole story. Maybe, it would be best to take mental note and try to remedy the situation with the mother. The daughter should, maybe, be cautious when she has to be around that best friend of her mother's. Just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting ideas there...and yes, 1)I'd call the restaurant and let them know of the sickness if both of you go sick. Something obviously was bad, not kept cool enough, cooked correctly. 2) let a manager know what's going on while at the store, if possible or call later. 3) people don't understand what you are doing for you mother and they have a different view, from the outside. May check out what you mom's thoughts are and maybe change something and improve on something! Life's not easy at all but made it through one more day at a hardware store. I get complained at once in awhile when I am talking about work with another co-worker when a customer appears at once expects immediate service....got give me a minute, man! Some people! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.