Monday, January 14, 2019

Can You Dream Too Big?





#littlegirldreams
When I was a little girl, I dreamed of marrying a wealthy man and owning a mansion with a swimming pool, so I could call my mean older brother and un-invite him over to swim. As a teenager, I dreamed of singing opera in lavish costumes and writing books.
Most people think only one of my dreams came true. But I would argue about the definition of the word “wealthy” in relation to my husband. It’s true we don’t own a mansion with a swimming pool. But he is a faithful, godly man who cares for me more than his own life, and you can’t trade that for all the stuff in the world.  So, I contend that two of my three biggest dreams are now reality.
I let go of the other one after I realized that I love writing and being a wife more than starving myself to fit into opera costumes and practicing scales four hours a day.  Also because I don’t like opera music!


Seven down;; 93 to go!

But I have other dreams I’ve picked up along the way—things like authoring or co-authoring 100 books, traveling all over the world, and winning a million people into God’s familyI know, I know. They’re enormous dreams that need an enormous God to make them happen. That’s okay. My God is bigger than my—and everyone else’s—doubts. .

I read recently that people who write down their dreams earn nine times as much over their lifetime as those who don’t. Wow. That made me skedaddle to find a pad and pen! So far, I’ve covered two full sheets of paper, and am still dreaming. Because I know where dreams come from. Or I should say, Who they come from.

God is a dreamer.  He dreamed of the universe before he spoke it into being. He dreamed of a plan whereby his children who had lost their way in the darkness of the world could become friends with him again. And he continues to dream of the abundant life he wants to give all his kids ( Jesus’ words in John 10: 10 and the Father’s promise in Jeremiah 29:11).
Jesus' dream for you

Will you let him dream through you? Will you dare to ask him to pour some of his outrageous hopes and plans and goals into your heart? His dreams for you are high and wide and deep. He is not a wimpy, wish-upon-a-star god. He has all the power in the universe at his disposal, to make his dreams reality in your life. Will you dare to ask him to fill your soul with desires that shock even you? Will you allow yourself to dream big, bigger than you ever have before?

What would you like to do, to be, to achieve, to create? What is so much bigger than you are that it must be a God-thing when it comes true? Don’t settle for wishing on a star when you can have the Milky Way. If you are a Child of Almighty God, dare to dream with him.
How big can you dream? God is bigger!
Because the thing about dreams is, they only come true if you dream them. And if you need a pen and paper, I have extra to share.
What is the biggest dream you've ever had come true? What are you still dreaming?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.