Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Prayer for Authors: My Christmas Gift to You


 As I Write: a Prayer for Authors


Word made flesh and Father of Lights

Put flesh on these shapeless thoughts,

Making them dance with the passion

That propels You to create.

Share the fire from Your endless soul

With my meager one today,

Melting my secret doubts in Your embrace.

Breathe upon my words,

That all who drink of them

May quench their longings

With the wonder of You.

Cause my gift of life-giving pen

To nourish, delight, teach, inspire.

And may I never seek

To lift my writing above Your message,

But draw seekers of truth

And those who know not what they seek

To Your throne of grace. Amen.

©JEL, 2010


If you are a blog follower and would like a copy of this prayer as my Christmas gift to you on a laminated ribbon bookmark, please send your address to jeanettelevellie(at)gmail(dot)com. Additional copies may be purchased for only $1.00 each. Color choices: lavendar, blue, pink, gray, or gold.

13 comments:

  1. So beautiful, so fresh, so real, so Jeanette! Thank you for that sweet blessing. It inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much meaning and love. Beautiful!

    And back at ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Thank you, Jeanette.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Jeanette. God Bless you and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words, beautiful spirit, beautiful woman.

    Thank you, my friend. I'd love a bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, this is beautiful. You captured my feelings about writing perfectly. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this gift Jeannette... it inspires me to spice up my writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully put! Thank you for your prayers, friendship and love. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeanette, that was full of adoration and devotion for our Lord. I like, even those who do not know what they seek. Thank you for that lovely prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful prayer poem, Jen! A lovely gift. What resonated most for me was, "Breathe upon my words,

    That all who drink of them

    May quench their longings

    With the wonder of You."

    I wish you and your husband great joy in this special season.

    Carol Garvin

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful. Thank you for the lovely gift of creativity that blessed my day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeanette, what a beautiful prayer!

    I've posted a link to your site on my writers' group blog (InScribe) today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jeanette -

    You put into words what I desire from my heart.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.