Friday, February 4, 2011

No Wonder I Love You

This singing kitty has nothing to do with my blog post today; I just think he’s adorable. If you don't like cats, oh well.


I will be mostly off-line for the next week while traveling to CA and back for my brother’s memorial service.

I treasure your prayers for our trip there and back—three flights each way (my mom lives in a very remote part of No. California)—and our time with Mom.



Thank you, dear friends, for your love, support, and kindness these last weeks. I have felt the prayers on our behalf, and they have helped so much. Is it any wonder I love you?

Has a one you loved passed from your arms to the arms of Jesus? What or whom helped you the most during your time of anguish?

12 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your mom, Jeanette! Praying for peace and joy, even in the midst of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is with you. And I love that you posted the singing kitty. It's all the more reason to love you!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip! I will miss you lots!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanette:
    Please know that you are in my prayers. When Hubby's sister died last June, we were held up by God's praying people. When my dad died in June 2009, the same was true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen -

    Praying the Lord will comfort you and your family and give you safe travel.

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts and prayers are with you. It was the fact that people took the time to go to the viewings and the few cards I received that touched me most when I lost my parents. I hope knowing we love you will help.
    The sweet kitty makes my world a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sad for your loss. When I lost my mom 6 years ago, the book, "A Grace Disguised" by Jerry Sittzer was a huge comfort. I read it many times.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanette I will be in prayer for your safety and blessings on you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super duper big hug (and I'm not a hugger, but you deserve one!) and lots of prayers that the Lord will grant to you His unfathomable peace and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you as you travel. May the Lord comfort your heart.

    --Mel

    ReplyDelete
  11. When my sister was killed at age 17, I clung to GOD...HE used Christian contemporary music to sooth my soul. Specifically the song "The Warrior Is A Child" by Twila Paris. This song said "everything" and more. I still love it and smile when I hear it.

    I have an award for you at arise 2 write. It is the second post down.

    I have a prayer request at All Gods Creatures.

    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.