|My best friend, husband, and favorite introvert|
Either you are an introvert, married to one, or have one as a best friend. I love introverts. They balance my zany, impulsive nature and bring me down to earth. I appreciate and admire them.
Here are 12 ways to love and care for the introverts in your life:
1. RESPECT their privacy and need for alone time.
2. NEVER reprimand them IN PUBLIC.
3. Let them VIEW first in new situations, before requiring them to act.
4. Allow them TIME TO THINK. Don’t demand quick answers.
5. Don’t INTERRUPT them.
6. Give them ADVANCE NOTICE of changes to their environment and lives.
7. Give them 15 MINUTE WARNINGS to finish whatever they’re doing.
8. Teach them new skills PRIVATELY.
9. Enable them to find ONE BEST FRIEND who shares their interests.
10. DON’T PUSH them to make many friends.
11. RESPECT their quiet souls. Don’t try to make them EXTROVERTS.
12. PRAISE every attempt at spontaneity and friendliness.
Next week, we'll talk about extroverts. That should be FUN!
If you are an introvert, which item(s) in the above list most resonated with you? If you are an extrovert, which items do you need to work on?