Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Five Habits of Happy People and Winner of Mercy's Rain
1. Happy people don't live in the past or the future. They receive God's forgiveness and look forward with hope, but they never dwell on past mistakes, or ruin their todays by thinking, "When I get my raise..."
2. Happy people don't read into what others say and do, taking it personally. They realize that the universe doesn't revolve around them. If Boo-boo didn't say 'hi' this morning in church, it may be because he or she is worried or distracted.
3. Happy people don't have super-sized expectations of others, which usually lead to disappointment. They expect God to move on their behalf, but they let others make mistakes, and treat them with grace.
4. Happy people don't hold grudges. They realize that bitterness destroys the one who holds onto it, and do whatever it takes--praying for, blessing, giving gifts in secret--to forgive those who've wronged them, so they can move on with their lives.
5. Happy people never give up on themselves. They continue to sing in the rain and whistle in the dark, holding out their hands to God, trusting in His love to turn even horrible circumstances into trophies of his mercy.
Elaine Miller! Congratulations, Elaine! I hope you enjoy this debut novel from Cindy Sproles.
Are you happy today?
Which of the above Habits can you apply to your life to make yourself happier?