Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Jesus and Pet Peeves


Did Jesus have pet peeves? 

What about: 


  • The religious leaders' hypocrisy;
  • The disciples' lack of faith;
  • The priests' abuse of the temple

Scripture teaches that complaining is sin.  But based on Jesus' life, there are times when it's appropriate to say:

  • "This is wrong" 
  • "You need to stop" or 
  • "How long must I put up with this?"


I have my share of pet peeves. More than Jesus. Arrogant types, lazy people and liars leave me grinding my teeth. Poor manners, noise masquerading as music and filthy language tempt me to shake people, or at least put them in time out for a year or two.

It comforts me to know that Jesus understands. He has answers for all my pet peeves. He may tell me to confront someone, pray for them, or simply forget it, if it's not worth my time and emotions. He is wiser than I am, so I try to listen to him. When I do, my pet peeves are not nearly so peevish. 

Do you have any Jesus-type pet peeves? How do you manage them? 

1 comment:

  1. My current pet peeve is those phone calls that show up on my caller id as "Unknown Name." If they don't know their name, I can't help them.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.