Saturday, April 25, 2009

Clean Up

Cleaning Up is Never Finished!

I am 'cleaning up' my book manuscript. I'm on the third round. This time I'm looking for better words, tightening my too-long sentences, striving for easier readability. It's hard work, but I love it. Most of the time.

I wonder if God looks at me like I view my articles and book manuscript: always a work in progress, always in need of some more "clean up." The difference is, I will one day finish my book and I believe someone will like it well enough to publish it. But as long as I'm on this earth, God will not be finished refining me. There will always be places in me that require "editing": a tacky attitude, a sloppy habit, a wrong motive.

Until Jesus comes to fly me to my real home in Heaven, I will need daily, hourly fixing. "Please don't give up on me, Lord. Help me cooperate with your corrections, so I will make you proud that you chose me as your daughter."

5 comments:

  1. I love your analogy, Jeanette! What an encourager you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he does look at us like a wip. Or a piece of clay. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody and Jess:
    Thanks!
    You guys encourage me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the process of cleaning up my current WIP; I'm seeing the end of the road at this point, but there is some worry that comes with it. Is it good enough? Should I sit with it longer? How do I arrange the completed project? Who do I send it to? I've been down this road before, only to know rejection. Thus, I'm a bit perplexed about how to proceed this 3rd time around. Praying for wisdom. I'll pray for you too. It seems so many of us are "working" on something right now...

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine: I will join you in prayer over this. I know God cares about our writing ministries more than we do. I am trying to learn to say each day, with more and more things: "Lord, what would you have me do about this?" then wait for His answer, whether it be advice from a trusted friend, a Bible passage, or the prompting of the Holy Spirit.
    The waiting part is hardest.
    Bless you, dear one, Jen

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.