Friday, September 2, 2011

Nutty, Funny Me from A-Z

I found this fun list on Nancy's blog, who found the idea from Diane Estrella. Thanks to you both!

A. Age: 56 and attending Birthdays Anonymous, where I quit cold turkey on Aug. 14.


B. Baked goods: brownies, no frosting or nuts. I am nutty enough,don't you think?

C. Chore you hate: Only one? Mopping. I always have my cleaning lady do it last.

D. Dogs. I love them, but we have four cats and only two laps.

E. Essential start to your day: Reading God’s Word, talking to Him, attempting to listen.

F. Favorite color: Orange. Spunky, bright, and casual.

G. Gold or Silver: Gold. They like it in Heaven, too.

H. Height: 5'3". I'm too short to play basketball and too tall to mop floors.

I. Instruments you play. Do credit cards count? I played the flute in 4th grade. In high school and college, I took three years of voice lessons, so singing is my favorite instrument. I love to sing and dance. I am convinced Heaven will be bursting with both!

J. Job. I am a writer, speaker, and editor but I work a day job in an office supply store to finance my trips to writers conferences, buy clothes to wear to speaking engagements, and pay for blog prizes.

K. Kids. Esther is a home school mom of three darlings, a novelist and crafter. Ron is an animator with MoreFrames  studio in Erie, PA.

L. Live. I grew up in CA, and moved to Paris, IL twelve years ago. We like the warm people here, but can do without the cold winters.

M. Mother. Doris, still lives in CA. Has a cat named Rufus. Loves wind chimes and reading.

N. Nickname. Jen, Ghet, or Jeanettie, which only my husband calls me.

O. Overnight hospital stays. Tonsillectomy when I was six, then two cesarean sections.


P. Pet peeve. Too many to name, but the worst is people who always gripe about their pet peeves.

Q. Quote. "As the Father has loved Me, in the same way and to the same degree, I love you.” –Jesus. Can you imagine?

R. Right or left? Brain, hand, or politics? Let’s say right.

S. Siblings. My brother Daniel is in Heaven since January of this year, thinking up new ways to torture me when I get there.

T. Time you wake up. M-F: 5:30; Saturdays: 6:30; Sundays: 7:00. Each made possible by my friend, coffee.

U. University you attended. San Jose Bible College, San Jose, CA, for one year. Then I took a 30-year break to get married, raise kids and go nuts. I obtained an AA degree in English from Lakeland Community College in Mattoon, IL just weeks before my 50th birthday.

V. Vegetable you dislike. Boiled okra. I am convinced they force political prisoners to eat this to make them talk.

W. What makes you late? I am rarely late, except to Sunday School, because we live next door to the church, and I always say, “Oh, I have two minutes. That’s time enough to…”

X. X-rays. I recently had to have a 2nd mammo when they found a spot they didn’t like. It was only fibrous tissue, but was I thankful to the Lord for His grace and those squash-um, mush-em X-Rays that day!

Y. Yummy food. Ice cream with no less than five words in the name. Chocolate Chunky Nutty Marshmallow Swirl, for instance.

Z. Zoo animal favorite. Raccoons. They look so rascally, yet lovable. Reminds me that God’s love never stops, no matter how much trouble I make!

Now you know me from A to Z. Have a great weekend!






19 comments:

  1. Hi, Sis! What a fun blog! Amen to boiled okra . . . and anything with Brussels sprouts! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! I HAVE to eat brownies that are from a box mix (no homemade) and they HAVE to have chocolate chips in them and nothing else. They are perfect! Love your list and all about you. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that you try to pass a credit card off as an instrument. And I don't blame you, boiled okra doesn't sound at all appealing to me.

    Fun list!!!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list is so much fun, just like you are. I also love raccoons. One of my favorite picture books is called Little Raccoon and the Thing In The Pool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Nancy, I wonder if it's part of the same series as one of my favorite, Little Raccoon and No Trouble at All? We LOVED that book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanette:
    I like your list. I think its neat that you got an AA degree when you did. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun,"Ghet"! I'm happy to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen -

    I'm loving these lists. Who knows, maybe I'll follow your lead. :)

    I've never had the dubious honor of tasting okra. I don't even like the name.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this fun post. You're amazing from A to Z! Did I mention that your great editorial skills helped me land an agent? I'll keep you updated. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a nice day! God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to be on your blog!
    Have missed you!
    Blessings,
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was FUN! I'm totally with you about height (I'm 5'2") - too short for basketball (thankfully) and too tall for mopping floors (whew)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great! I really enjoyed getting to know you a little bit better.

    Do you want to borrow one of my kids to mop your floors? They're still short and they like to mop.

    Mind if I borrow this list for my blog?
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was very nice knowing you from A to Z. It is a fun way to do that I must say! Have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the revelations. :) You're a wondrous child of God in every aspect, from A to Z and back again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always a treat to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun exercise, Jeanette! I may steal it sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.