Tuesday, May 31, 2016

So This is What Hell Feels Like

A few weeks ago, I got locked in the bathroom at work when the lock malfunctioned. I was there alone in a huge church building on a day when I'm usually the only one to work, with no idea when anyone else may show up. I found out that my faith is not as stalwart as I previously thought. That forty minutes of imprisonment also gave me a new perspective on my life. Later on in the day when my husband let something overflow in the microwave oven and apologized for the mess, I waved it off. "I'm free," I said, "who cares about this trifle?"

I am SO GRATEFUL to the Lord for sending Tim McNulty, the custodian along, or I might have been there till 9 the next morning when the choir director came to practice her music. I had pounded, screamed, yelled "help!", kicked, and prayed for over half an hour. But the lock was broken, and I didn't have my phone with me to call anyone. 


The Lord gave me the idea to write "Help--locked in" with hand cream on a paper towel, then slide it under the door so whoever came back in the hallway would see it laying there in front of the bathroom door. I knew I couldn't holler and pound for long, and my foot hurt when I kicked the door, so I stopped that for fear I'd break a foot. 

Just when I got the idea to turn the light/fan off so I could hear if anyone was in the building with me, I heard footsteps coming across the kitchen, so started pounding again, and Tim heard me and came to my rescue. Thank you, Jesus, and thank you, Tim! As I was praising the Lord for my freedom, He spoke to me and said, "How you felt in there when you were trapped and didn't know how long til you got out--that's how people in hell feel all the time. And there is no escape for them." 


Yikes!!! If you are not a Christian, please don't go another minute without making Jesus the Lord of your life. If you need to know how, please email me at jeanettelevellie@gmail.com. I want you with me in Heaven!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a powerful revelation from being locked in. Thank you! And thanks to Tim too for getting you out!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.