Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Can We Really Touch God?



In anticipation of the release of my fourth book, Touchable God: Finding Friendship with God Through Prayer, I’d like to share a few quotes from the book that I believe help answer the question, “Can We Really Touch God?”

“God is a person who wants a relationship with me even more than I want to know Him. He doesn’t care what position I’m in when I pray, as long as I let Him in on my life so He can help me live it. I’ve found I can’t do life alone. “

“He loves to jump out when we least expect Him and turn impossible situations around. He loves to change stubborn hearts, heal incurable cases, rescue people from prison, restore what’s broken, and fix the worst problems imaginable. The bigger the mess, the more fun He has surprising you when He steps in and unscrambles it. His resources are unlimited, and His ideas are the cleverest.”

We came into God’s family completely helpless. We became His  child by admitting we were powerless over the sin in our lives, acknowledging that only He could cleanse us. Then we humbled ourselves, asking Him to remake us and fill us with His goodness. What craziness makes us think that after He saved us, He expects us to travel through life by our own wits?”

I hope these few excerpts whet your appetite for more of Touchable God, and that you consider purchasing a copy on Lulu

 or Amazon. Thanks for your support!

1 comment:

  1. Jen: I like this thought. I have had some big messes in my life and, yes, He does unscramble them. Ginger's husband is Cancer free. We had our concerns about his condition. But God, intervened and brought them through.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.