Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Dumb Things I Have Done

               Believe me, I did not look this great
Oops!

When I was thirty-five and teaching History at a Christian School in Hermosa Beach, CA, I decided I needed to start coloring my hair. It never occurred to me that the hair color would blend with my natural color to make the final hue. In my case, maroon!



Let's Get Down to History

I'd spent my last four dollars on the hair color, so couldn't go back to the store for more and color over the boo-boo that looked like a chrysanthemum in bloom. When I walked into the school building Monday morning, several kids asked, "Did you color your hair, Mrs. L?" Finally, I made an announcement to the whole class: Yes, I colored my hair, that's why it looks so fruity, remember this when you get gray hair and learn from my mistake, now let's get down to History.


Have you ever had a hair coloring snafu? How did you fix it?


7 comments:

  1. Haha, well, I never colored my hair except for when I was young and I used henna which can make your hair really red/orange :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, red is very beautiful :) but when it first comes out... it can be a shocker!

      Delete
  2. I started coloring my hair years ago when in my 40s. I had Phil put the dye on my hair for me. I think. I had to choose between 3 colors I liked. I know at one time we put too much on and it was darker than expected. Just left it that way. I've not dyed mine now for 20 years or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once wanted to color my hair myself. I must have left the dye on too long. My hair went from red with brown roots to black. I found out a few years ago that I was allergic to something in the dye my hairstylist used. Now, I am natural and proud of my gray hair; it's not all gray.

      Delete
    2. Uh-oh! I'm glad you settled on what makes you happy, Cecelia. And saves money!

      Delete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.