Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Laughter or Tears? Sometimes Both

Our daughter's birthday is today. I gave her several gifts and a sparkly purple card. We are taking her to one of her favorite restaurants for dinner. I'm excited she was born! But she's not. She doesn't like adding another year to her age. It depresses her. Sigh. If only I was her age again! I wouldn't get lightheaded when I stand up from squatting down to clean out the cat boxes. I could stay awake later than 9 p.m. every night. I wouldn't need pills for high blood pressure and pain that bounces from my hips to my head. So. I'm laughing but she's crying. Over the same event! We are different, all right.
If you have a loved one who's vastly different from you, that's a good thing. It means you complement one another. When she's crying, you can encourage her. And when you're depressed, she can lift you up. If you both have Jesus in your lives, better yet. He shares in every little and big event, whether it brings laughter or tears. He's the Best Friend anyone can have. Is Jesus in your life? If not, contact me and we can chat about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.