Thursday, June 6, 2024

How Can Good come from Bad?

       I had surgery in April to replace three wonky discs in my neck. The surgery went well, but the recovery was rough. I whined most days about what I couldn't do, even though Kevin, my Prince of a husband was willing to do everything for me (including housework and cooking!). After I got the dreaded collar removed and the dr. released me with no restrictions, I realized that not only was my nerve pain relieved, but also my posture had improved. What I thought was hindering me actually helped me!

          Kevin's aunt passed away a couple weeks ago. She was 98 and very sick.  Although we and all her family will miss her, we are happy she is in heaven with Jesus and her late husband, rejoicing and celebrating. 
         
          Jesus promised us in Romans 8:28, "I will work all things for your good if you love me." He will work the bad things in our lives for good. Our part is to love Him and put our lives in His hands. He knows how to redeem the worst situation and turn it around because He is God. 

Have you experienced Jesus making lemonade from your lemons? Do tell. 

2 comments:

  1. Jeanette: I find it interesting that God works through our "bad" times to bring healing and good things to us. There are times that God teaches me a valuable lesson after I experience difficult times. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better, Jeanette, with a helpful and loving husband, Kevin!! I have been through upsetting times with our daughter going through chemo, a surgery , more chemo, procedure to remove ostomy bag. Plus sadness for what our son is going through. God has helped us through this rough time in life as we give it into His hands and pray. We have friends who help us with prayers and food. Thankful to know Jesus to help us in all times. He gives new mercies every morning, for that day!!! God bless you and Kevin!!----Becky

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.