Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Add An Extra Spark to Your Marriage

Our Valentine's Anniversary
     Almost by accident
, my husband and I discovered a fun way to add an extra spark of romance to our marriage. I won’t pretend this little secret has played a major role in keeping us together for 48 years, but it’s made the trip more fun.
     What is it? Our Monthiversary. Every month, we celebrate the day we were married by giving each other a little gift.


  • A candy bar or package of cookies
  • A few postage stamps
  • A DVD from the bargain bin.
  • A new kind of coffee
  • A mystery book from a favorite author

   We mostly concentrate on consumables like food, so we don’t add to our piles of possessions. And we never spend a lot. Sometimes we’ve found treasures at yard or church rummage sales.
   
Even if your love language isn’t gift giving, you might remember the day with a special meal, a foot rub, or a note on your spouse’s pillow. The main idea is to say, “I love you and I’m thinking of you on this day. You are precious to me.”
   Try the Monthiversary on your day this month and let me know how it goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Monthoversary sounds interesting 🤔. Good ideas 💡 I could see something edible. Books we have alot of and I need to get rid of some that haven't been read for years. We went on the Willamette Queen sternwheeler Oct 8th for our 45th anniversary. It was good to on the river and delicious food. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, it's YOU! I'm so happy to see you here today, and look forward to reading your comments.